Conveniently located in Central Florida (orlando), we routinely travel a large geographic area performing marine surveys and damage inspections. Tri-State has been serving the Marine Industry since 1993, and our services will provide a feeling of confidence in your boat buying experience. Allow Tri-State Marine to be your “eyes and ears” for inspection of a new purchase, or help with your scheduled maintenance routine. Our reports area easy to read and understand. They are produced in a format which is readily accepted by insurance companies and financial institutions, meaning they can also be used for financing and insuring your boat.
We specialize in “Yacht and Small Craft” marine surveys of all types, including condition and value, and pre-purchase. We also perform damage surveys for insurance claims as well as simple appraisals.
- In this age of technology, whereby satellites are reported to be capable of reading your license plate, I find it hard to believe we lost track of a 300 foot cruise ship, adrift in the Atlantic Ocean for over a year. The ship, a Russian built cruise ship named Lyubov Orlova is an interesting story:...Read More »
- In my capacity as a Marine Surveyor, I am often asked, “What’s a sea trial? And do you think we need one with a pre-purchase survey?” To address the first question: A sea trial is a ride in the boat, whereby the surveyor is a passenger; a very busy passenger. The surveyor is not aboard...Read More »
- The kids are back in school and Summer is winding down. Another boating season is coming to an end, in geographic areas that enjoy changing seasons. Having worked as an insurance adjuster of boat claims over the past 19 years, maybe I can share a few common mistakes I have seen fellow boaters make in...Read More »
- With over 50 years of boating experience on inland lakes and rivers as well as blue water; both commercial and recreational, I have witnessed many fellow boaters at the dock. It fascinates me at times, to watch a fellow captain or mate secure his or her vessel to the moorings. Many times a well experienced...Read More »
- They’re showing up everywhere. They’re in our phones, our electric razors, laptops, portable power drills, Bluetooths, some electric cars and now they’re beginning to appear in boats. But, you say “what’s the big deal? A battery is a battery.” But these batteries are different. A while back I posted an article on the Tri-State Marine...Read More »