Conveniently located in Central Florida (orlando), we routinely travel a large geographic area performing marine surveys and damage inspections. Tri-State has been serving the Marine Industry since 1993, and our services will provide a feeling of confidence in your boat buying experience. Allow Tri-State Marine to be your “eyes and ears” for inspection of a new purchase, or help with your scheduled maintenance routine. Our reports area easy to read and understand. They are produced in a format which is readily accepted by insurance companies and financial institutions, meaning they can also be used for financing and insuring your boat.
We specialize in “Yacht and Small Craft” marine surveys of all types, including condition and value, and pre-purchase. We also perform damage surveys for insurance claims as well as simple appraisals.
- Maybe I’m just getting old. I’m reminding myself of comments and conversations with my parents and grandparents, back in the ‘60s. But, I see a growing phenomenon in our society that I would like to draw to your attention. It’s called progress. And I must say that am proud to have contributed. The technology...Read More »
- Boating and the Economy I’ve noticed an upward trend in my business as a marine surveyor in the state of Florida over the past couple of years, and it sparked my curiosity as to the overall health of the boating industry. I’ve done a bit of research, and the thought occurred to me that it...Read More »
- The kids are back in school and Summer is winding down. Another boating season is coming to an end, in geographic areas that enjoy changing seasons. Having worked as an insurance adjuster of boat claims over the past 19 years, maybe I can share a few common mistakes I have seen fellow boaters make in...Read More »
- GPS and LORAN-E Forty-some years ago the US military worked a project to aid in navigation, which has become known to all of us as “GPS” (Global Positioning System). Initially developed for military use, the system has since been opened up for commercial and civilian usage as well. The basic premise of GPS...Read More »
- A SHORT HISTORY OF NAVIGATION Since the beginning of man’s time on Earth, he has recognized the need to “navigate” whether it be on dry land or on the sea (and now in outer space). Early man started with a list of waypoints, augmented with crude estimates of distance and time. These lists, when used...Read More »